Codebridge is an open community founded on the principles of hospitality, transparency and mutual aid.
We believe that we are able to use our collective interest in technology and social change in service of others and for the South African greater good.
We are committed to the values espoused in the Open Source Definition and Contributor Covenant -
not only in the projects that we champion, but also in the way that Codebridge itself is managed.
We strive to honour the principles above as follows:
- Hold ourselves and the community accountable to the principles of honesty and transparency.
- Pursue opportunities for community members to take ownership, co-create and/or guide the shape of Codebridge.
- Recognize the reality and legacy of various social issues that we face as South Africans in the 21st century.
- Acknowledge our responsibility to shape technology as a force for inclusion and social good in South Africa.
- Proactively find ways for all individuals, regardless of skill level, to contribute to the above.
- Be honest and mindful about the fact that technology alone is unable to solve the majority of social problems.
- Partner with other organisations and communities that share our views as stated above.